Artist EOI – Victoria 2026 Commonwealth Games Brand Visual Identity
Victoria 2026 Commonwealth Games (Victoria 2026 Pty Ltd) is now seeking Expressions of Interest from First Nations artists to create artwork for the brand identity for the Victoria 2026 Commonwealth Games.
Six artworks are being sought from the following regions:
- Wadawurrung (one representing Ballarat and one representing Geelong),
- Dja Dja Wurrung (representing Bendigo),
- Gunaikurnai (representing Gippsland),
- Yorta Yorta (representing Shepparton) and
- the Games Opening Ceremony will be held in Melbourne, we are seeking Wurundjeri Woi-wurrung art to represent Melbourne.
Artists in each region are warmly encouraged to submit an EOI with the following information:
- A bio of themselves including:
- Name and contact details
- Country the artist belong to
- A short summary of their vision or description of their proposed artwork for Victoria 2026 (written or visual)
- Provide between 3 – 10 examples of prior work
This Phase 1 – EOI process will close on 5 May 2023. The above submission materials are to beemailed to email@example.com no later than 5 May 2023.
The EOI process has been based on advice from the First Peoples Leadership Group (FPLG) and the Organising Committee Design council.
The three Phases of the EOI process are as follows:
- Phase 1 – Seeking expressions of interest from Traditional Owner artists that might be interested in participating.
- Phase 2 –TOCs will select three artist who will be invited to produce artwork representing their respective Countries. *Each of the three artist per area will receive $1,500.00 to support them in their creative process.
- Phase 3 – Final artwork selection process by the Victoria 2026 Design Council (Council) – the Council will select one artist from each area (6 winning artworks in total) which form the Victoria 2026 Commonwealth Games Brand Identity * The winning artist (one per region) will be remunerated $10,000.00 as a limited licensing fee that will last until 12 months post Games. At which point, ownership will be return to the Artist.
If you have any questions or queries, please contact: Dean Heta, Senior Manager, First Peoples Engagement with Victoria 2026. Dean can be contacted on Mobile: 0499 890 492 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org